Navigation Tabs

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Inspired by...Burberry Prorsum RTW Fall 2010

RemChic Note: "Inspired by..." is a series that focuses on highlighting an outstanding runway collection. These articles summarize different elements of the collection, as well as show affordable pieces that are inspired by the collection. The objective here is to recognize high fashion and to translate it into a budget-friendly wardrobe. Imitation is not the objective.

Christopher Bailey is a genius, and as Sarah Mower of style.com states, "There's only one problem with the jackets on the Burberry Prorsum runway for fall: Which one to choose?" The first aspect that caught my eye was Bailey's color choice. The collection incorporates my two favorite color pallets- earth tones and charcoals, while also adding a little "oh la la" factor with splashes of cobalt blue in the mix. The collection is structured and confident, as well as timeless. The assertive looks are without a doubt dominated by the jackets, which are adorned with oversized collars and military-inspired button lines. The variations in volume and shape are visually pleasing and daring, but in a subtle way. Any garment from this collection would last you decades, and I for one hope Bailey gets all the recognition he deserves for this collection.

Alas, for us starving fashionistas, it's time to look around for inspirational pieces that will remind us of Burberry's fall collection until we can afford the actual pieces. Below I've made a slideshow of seven of my favorite looks (pictures are from style.com) followed by a montage I've created which captures the different elements of this collection.





The first thing to do would be to look for outerwear. I would recommend looking for either longer coats that have wide collars and big buttons or shorter straight line jackets that can be worn unbottoned. One example of this is the double-breasted coat by Laundry by Shelli Segal featured below, and of course, you can never go wrong with black. Then, pair it with a fierce heeled boot, such as Diba Women's Sassy Thing boot (that thing is straight out of Pretty Woman I swear). Next, we need to add some tidbits of blue and olive green, so I've chosen a slim linen trouser by Max Studio and a very affordable estate blue top from Kohl's. If you aren't feeling the olive trousers (I've recently seen enough twill bottoms to last me a lifetime), go for a pair of slippery-seeming leggings by Topshop. And of course, you can't leave the house without accessories! I've chosen to feature a very affordable black waist belt from Forever 21 and a studded clutch from ASOS (inspired by picture number five if you count from the left). The ring I found from the wholesale site erayo, but get this- each ring is a vintage button attached to a brass ring loop. How cool is that? If you're interested the minimum quantity is five; you could keep one (or two or three) and give the rest away! Finally, I thought this outfit would look great with some manicured nails in plum, so I've chosen an OPI nail color from their Hong Kong collection. Whew!





Well, that concludes my first Inspired by... post! Let me know what you think! If you'd like to see a certain collection featured on Inspired by... send me an e-mail at info at remchic dot com!

0 comments:

Post a Comment