Navigation Tabs

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Thoughts: Anthropologie Cardigan


This is a cardigan from Anthropologie and this trend of floral or abstract cardigans is really trendy right now. Here are a few outfits that I think would be suitable with this cardigan, or one like it. Leave me your comments and let me know...

-Would you wear this? Why or why not?

Outfit 1: I chose this because I think a brighter or darker navy can really make this cardigan pop. The contrast of a deep or intense colored dress can brighten the pale undertones of the cardigan. I paired this with simple, neutral accessories because there are a lot of colors going on, and you don't want to be overbearing. I would also add a nude colored bag.


Outfit 2:
This is a casual outfit where we are pairing the colored tee with the pallet of the cardigan. Don't get too matchy-matchy here, but similar hues are good. Denim shorts or knit dark chocolate brown shorts would be my recommendation to complete this outfit. You could also go with a trouser...I would pick a dark brown because you want a contrast between the ivory foundation of the cardigan and the bottom half of the outfit.

Outfit 3: This is a work-ish outfit, but pencil skirts have become much more casual lately. The key here is warm, mild tones and prim details, such as ruffles. An open toe pump or closed toe pump is a must here, and definitely avoid wedges, they just look tacky with a pencil skirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the cardigan with these outfits, but I think it could go South easily and look Grandma-ish

Kristina said...

That's an interesting point! To avoid the "Grandma" look I would stick with fresh, modern prints. If it looks like your Grandma's floral sofa- skip it!

Post a Comment