Navigation Tabs

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Burberry Prorsum Spring 2011: All the more reason to love Christopher Bailey

My utopia consists of a closet filled with every piece Christopher Bailey has created for Burberry Prorsum. And a big red ottoman. I wrote a post on some of his work this summer, and I anticipated his spring 2011 show like a child anticipates Santa's arrival. This season's collection is called Heritage Biker and is very fitting. For example, Bailey throws a lime green belt against a mauve-ish/gray-ish coat and snake skin leggings in a way that says "I'm hot, chic, fierce...AND I ride a BMW motorcycle." This 50-piece collection paid tribute to Burberry's illustrious past while also pushing the edge, literally. The collection is full of signature Burberry trench coats, yet they are shrunken, studded, and paired with anything and everything skin-tight.

Of course many of you know I am partial to neutral color pallets. For me, beige, brown, black, white...charcoal...they're really all I need. This collection demonstrates that these colors can be transformed through textile into a work of art. I truly believe you could have an entire wardrobe of neutrals and each piece could be completely innovative. I also think that working with color, at times, can be easier than working with neutrals because they are colors that have been worked and reworked for centuries. My favorite looks in this collection are definitely the ones that are all "neutral," even though I appreciate the splashes of color Bailey presents. Anywho, here are my favorite looks. Enjoy!


Photos from...http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/S2011RTW-BURBERRY

0 comments:

Post a Comment