Navigation Tabs

Monday, May 03, 2010

Summer Goals: What do YOU want to accomplish?

 Chicago!

My summer officially begins on May 15, and I've decided to make this summer the most productive one yet! I've been brainstorming a list of goals for a while now, but I figured if I published the list there would be no way I could get out of it! Here is my list of summer goals:

1. Volunteer at the Sedona Public Library
I really want to give back to my local community, and since I love books this is definitely a great way for me to contribute!

2. Visit Boston and Chicago
I'm really interested in moving to a different part of the country after I graduate from the University of Arizona next year, and I know the best way to do this is to go out and explore!

3. Take an online Psychology class
This one isn't the most interesting...I actually kind of have to take a psychology class as part of my degree; however, I think this will be a good way for me to stay academically alert during the summer.

4. Lose 5 pounds and train for a half marathon
My best friend and I want to complete a half marathon this fall, so I figured I better start training now! I also want to lose 5 pounds in a healthy, gradual way. I plan on taking yoga and dance classes, as well as completing as many hikes as I can this summer.

5. Read at least 15 books
I always make summer reading lists, and I never manage to complete them; however, this summer I am determined to read at least 15 books. Some of my selection includes Bright Shiny Morning by James Frey and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. If you have any book recommendations, let me know!

6. Pay off any and all debt
I have a little bit of credit card debt, nothing too major, but I'd really like to start the next academic year with a clean slate.

7. Study for the GRE and LSAT
I've decided I want to take both of these exams, and therefore, I need to start studying asap. I want to dedicate 5-10 hours per week studying for these exams. I also want to sign up to take both exams.

8. Save as much money as possible
Because I'm graduating in a year, I know it's going to be crucial that I save as much money as possible. Especially because I do not have definite post-graduation plans, I really need to have a strong cushion.

9. Live a more natural lifestyle
I'm completely cutting dairy out of my diet as of May 6, 2010 (can't go without enchiladas on Cinco de Mayo) because I'm lactose intolerant, and also because a lot of dairy products are chalk full of hormones...yuck! Also, I'm going to completely cut out fast food from my diet and gradually start to eat items that have 5 ingredients or less. I want to start using more organic beauty products, too.

10. Design and construct my own line
After viewing my blog my boss, Scott, told me my website needs a creation of my own. I told him I would add it to my summer goal list, so by the end of the summer I plan on having at least two completed pieces and will blog about the process start-to-finish, including images of the completed pieces. Thanks for the inspiration, Scott!

11. Make new friends, keep the old, and spend time with my family
I want to meet new people this summer! I'm always interested in new friends and interesting people; however, I also want to make sure I keep in touch with all of my friends who will be going home/traveling/etc this summer. And above all else, I want to spend as much time as possible with my amazing family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment