Navigation Tabs

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Celebrity Style File: Rachel Bilson

T
his time on Celebrity Style file we are reviewing one of my favorite celebs, Rachel Bilson. I love her because she is about my same size/body type (she's about 5'3" and 105 pounds) so it makes it easy for me to find inspiration within her looks. Don't get me wrong, sometimes Beyonce's glam looks blow me away, but I am nowhere near her body type. Maybe after a few more months of practicing the "Single Ladies" dance I'll be able to pull off some of her outfits! Anyways, Rachel Bilson is a more realistic pick for me as far as outward appearance goes. Additionally, Rachel Bilson is such a style chameleon its hard not to find inspiration!

Here are a few things you might want to know if you are considering translating elements of Rachel's style into your own wardrobe:

-Rachel adores muted/geometric prints, charcoal tones, and seems to always have a "pop" factor within her mostly classic outfit.

-Rachel wears above-the-knee or at-the-knee dresses and skirts, which compliment her smaller frame. If you prefer shorter dresses, Rachel has worn some really cute ones over the years that I'm sure you'd love!

-Her style is always very dynamic and multifaceted. On and off the red carpet, Rachel's looks are always complete with lots of complementary accessories. She also frequently layers and wears separates.

Exhibit A: Daytime Attire

Rachel's daytime looks are so amazing it's really hard to pick only a few to showcase. I actually find her casual style more inspiring than her evening looks. My favorite is the one on the far left below. It really exemplifies how Rachel can take a very classic look and add a twist. I'm definitely moving my own style in a more refined, classic direction, but I still want to incorporate fun details.

 

If you like Rachel's daytime style, here are some wallet-friendly items I could definitely see her wearing:


Exhibit B: Evening Attire

Rachel's red carpet looks tend to incorporate water tones. As I mentioned before, she almost always wears above-the-knee or at-the-knee dresses (I've seen pictures of her in a floor-length gown only once). She also goes for dresses which seem classic or simple, but actually have an interesting element, such as studs or an exposed zipper. This same fashion philosophy is eminent within her daytime looks, too! And don't forget the mega heels...afterall, Bilson is only 5'3"!



Here are some more inspired-by items that will get your creative juices flowing when trying to incorporate Rachel's style into your evening outfit:


Let's Review
Here are some "catch words" when trying to emulate Rachel Bilson's style into your own wardrobe!
 
Casual Attire:
MOTORCYCLE JACKETS
LOOSE T-SHIRTS
MUTED GEOMETRIC PRINTS
STRUCTURED HANDBAGS
DENIM
CHUNKY SCARVES

Evening Attire:
TEAL
PLATFORM HEELS
RUCHING
ASYMMETRICAL
WATER-INSPIRED
SILVER TONES

What do you think?
 Do you like Rachel's style? Are there any celebs you'd like to see on Celebrity Style File? Let me know with a comment or e-mail me at info at remchic dot com!! 

 

PHOTO CREDITS:
http://taylorloveskaleigha.blogspot.com/
http://blog.swell.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/52808-rachel-bilson_4.jpg
http://www.coutureinthecity.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/rachel-bilson-green-dress.jpg
http://www.harpersbazaar.com/cm/harpersbazaar/images/Fi/RachelBil_Dimit_10234372_Max-de.jpg



0 comments:

Post a Comment