Navigation Tabs

Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Color for April: Turquoise

I usually am not a fan of turquoise, but it seems to be the perfect April color! I suggest pairing turquoise pieces with neutrals- I especially like black, light beige, and chocolate brown with turquoise hues. I also like the pairing of turquoise with gold, but I feel like it has to be in small elements like jewelry...just a touch of gold with turquoise can go a long way! I would stay away from turquoise colored denim pieces or sweat pants (they tend to look like scrubs) Below are some examples of turquoise items I like. Let me know your thoughts!

Keep in mind the variety of turquoise and which hues go best with your eyes, hair, and skin tone. Personally, I have dark brown hair, brown eyes, and olive skin tone. I like to stick with more matte turquoise hues, not the super bright ones. However, I have seen girls with my same hair/eye/skin makeup wear bright turquoise hues and look great. Some of the choice is just personal preference =)

Fellow blogger, Zepher, has a great blog on finding the perfect colors, click on her name and you will be directed to the article! Just follow the quiz, and you will be on your way to discovering your color pallet! 

Forever 21 at ShopStyle


Scarf: Forever 21, Pale Leaf Scarf- $9.80
Swim Suit: Salina's Swimwear, Halter Bandeau Swimsuit- $145
Clutch: Carla Mancini Small Clutch- $97
Striped Tee: AHAUS Short Sleeve- $88
Earrings: Anthropologie, Macaw's Flight Earrings- $38
Bunched Tank: WISCH Sweater Tank- $198
Keyhole Tank: Torn by Ronny Kobo- $71
Sandals: City Sandal by Alloy- $29.50
Dress: Betsey Johnson Strapless Sheath Dress- $345
Necklace: Max & Chloe Leila Pendant- $85
Skirt: Candie's Smocked Floral Skirt- $26
Bow Top: Diane Von Furstenberg- $94

0 comments:

Post a Comment