Navigation Tabs

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Photo Inspiration: Lighthouse

This blog is geared towards providing you (the reader) with ways to spice up your wardrobe. I like to help you find ways to recreate celebrity looks for cheap, follow upcoming trends, and mix-n-match pieces you already have in a new way to create a completely fresh ensemble. However, every piece of clothing ever sold has been conceptualized from inspiration.

I'd like to show you that just because you may not be a fashion designer, doesn't mean that you can't use inspiration to build your closet. I will be randomly posting outfits inspired by a photograph I have found. I try and pick everyday scenes so that you can see, your everyday life can take your attire in any direction you choose!

Photo Inspiration 1: Lighthouse

Here's The Photo...

...and Here's The Outfit....

Sunglasses: Marc Jacobs black logo aviator sunglasses – $150
Top: Diane von Furstenberg Molly silk top – $210
Ring: Kate Spade 'color CafĂ© - Brompton' Ring – $39.90
Binoculars: Swarovski Idomeneo Crystal Pocket Binoculars – $950
Shoes: Start London, Nicholas Kirkwood Blue Suede Shoes – £479.50
Clutch: Stuart Weitzman black satin 'Nite Bownight' clutch $45

Now, I know this outfit isn't the most budget-friendly, but the idea here is that you can take a photograph into a store and make yourself a stunning outfit. I know some of you might be thinking there is NO way I'm carrying a photo around a store, but I ask you to reconsider! 

This could also be a really fun way to get together with your friends and have a little competition. Give everyone the same photo and meet back and see what everyone made from the photo! I'll be reposting this blog with different pictures/outfits, so if you see this repeated its not a mistake! Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment