Navigation Tabs

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

RemChic Essential Makeup Products

I recently received an e-mail from a RemChic reader asking what kind of makeup products I use. I used to wear a lot more makeup than I do now, so I'm going to stick with 8 products I've continued to use for a while. As always, remember the most important thing to do is to prep your skin before wearing makeup (cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize) and properly remove your makeup as soon as you can. No hot messes allowed on my watch. After a night out you better march your tooshie to the bathroom and wash your face before hitting the sack!

Essential Makeup Products

These are my list of deserted island must-haves. If I could only use four products for the rest of my life, these would be them.


1. Tarte Cheek Stain in Rose
This is hands down the best blush out there. You will never have to reapply and it's really natural and sunkissed looking.  I also use it on my lips for a little color and then put chapstick or clear gloss over. Make sure you go for one of the natural colors because some of the other cheek stain colors are too shimmery.

2. YSL Singulier Mascara in Deep Black

I used to be a huge Diorshow fan, but I found that the tube dries out after 2-3 weeks, so I made an experimental switch to YSL Singulier and I will never go back! I first tried it at Sephora without an eye lash curler and I was thoroughly impressed. If you have straight, stubborn lashes like me, this is the perfect choice for you.

3. Stila Perfecting Concealer in Shade D

This is the most amazing concealer in the entire world. If you layer enough of it on you can even cover tattoos. It's ridiculous! It's sort of pricey, but it's so concentrated you really only need a little bit. I use the Bare Escentuals concealer brush to apply. It rocks!

4. Bare Escentuals Bronzer in Warmth I am so sad because they discontinued this color; however, I bought this bronzer my sophomore year of high school and there is still about 1/3 left. It's a really good investment and like the Stila concealer you only need a little bit. Another bonus is that it's suitable for all skin tones. My roommate uses it pretty frequently and she has ivory skin, whereas mine is olive/tan. I also use Bare Escentuals face powder in medium beige- amazing brand.

Other Favorites 

These are some of my favorite makeup products.  For some reason I couldn't find very good images of the liquid eyeliner, nor the eye shadow palette, so we will have to make due with the photos below, sorry!


1. MAC Full Lash Curler
This is hands down the best eyelash curler out there. If you are going to try and vouch for the Shu Uemera you can take your opinions elsewhere. Also, this one lady at Sephora taught me an amazing eyelash curler trick years ago, which I'm going to share with you now. If you put your eyelash curler under your blow drier for 10 seconds before using it, it acts like a curling iron on your lashes. Just make sure you test it before hand, or you might fry your lashes. Ick!


2. Too Faced Shadow Insurance (primer)
Another amazing product, this one will make even the cheapest eye shadow stick for days. This is another super concentrated product and the tube is huge. It's transparent, too, so no worries in the color department.

3. ULTA Precision Liquid Liner in Carbon Black

I've tried a bunch of different liquid liners and this one is not only friendly to the wallet, the wand and tip style is friendly to the face. I usually line my top lids with a thin line of carbon eyeshadow by MAC then put this over the top. Works like a charm!


4. Stila Sweet Steals Eye Shadow Palette
This was only $10 at Urban Outfitters and all three colors come in this convenient palette. They are easy to mix, match, and blend, and are suitable for both day and night looks.

1 comments:

madison said...

Thanks for your Posts! I Love mascara, Great eyelash curlers and all things Lashes.You should do a review on the Hot Lashes one..Best I have ever used and not too many poeople know if it.

My new fav is the Hot Lashes heated 2 pc lash curler! You may want to read reviews on Amazon.com about Hot Lashes Makeup artist Kit..Absolute best out there~!

They have for me the best sturdy 24K gold metal curler similiar to the Shu Uemura and Sheisdo one. That comes with its own small pink heater base that heats just the pad in the curler..Great Idea!

Makes my eyes POP and Keeps my lashes curly till the next day. I went to HotLashes.com website..

Major Rave, the cadillac of curlers..so worth the price. My friends and I love love love this one! Best by far,,
HTH~…:) blessings..

Post a Comment